Q. How do I print from a laptop or mobile device?
If you are still having problems after following these steps, for further assistance on all computer and IT enquiries please contact Digital Services either by telephone on 01785 353800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IT assistance is also available in person at the Student Hub on Leek Road or the Blackheath Lane Help Desk.
If you are using your own laptop or mobile device, you can still use our printers. Do the following from any web browser:
1. Go to hotspot.staffs.ac.uk.
2. Click the Print button.
3. Log in with your normal University username and password.
4. Click your location, then whether you want B&W or colour printing.
5. Click the Choose File button and browse to find the document that you wish to print.
6. You can specify the number of copies here if you want, as well as a page range, but it is not essential.
7. Click the Continue button.
8. Choose any print options you want, or just leave the default, then click Continue.
9. Your document will be sent to the printer.
When it is done, you will get a Complete message in a green box. Once you see this, you can collect your printing from any printer.
See the Links & Files section below for more detailed resources on this topic.